How To Choose A High Quality Wig
Choosing a wig can be an overwhelming experience; there are so many options available on the market today. It can be difficult attempting to figure out which wigs will create a beautiful and stylish look. Fortunately, we are here to help you choose a high-quality wig that fulfills all your needs and desires. Follow our easy and simple checklist below, answering all the questions you may have!
- Should I choose a natural human hair wig or a synthetic wig? We recommend choosing a human hair wig if you are looking for an incredibly natural look and feel. Human hair will cascade, flow, and bounce just like real hair. Additionally, since you can select a hair texture that matches your own or that you are comfortable with caring for and styling, your wig will be that much easier to maintain. That said, if human hair wigs are out of your budget, we recommend choosing Kanekalon synthetic wigs; these closely resemble human hair.
- Should I choose a lace wig or regular wig? A lace front wig or a full lace wig is tied by hand to a lace front piece or full cap base. Ultimately, a lace wig will appear more natural since the hairline is transparent. You can also choose to have baby hairs which further adds to the natural dimension of this type of wig.
- What are the different types of lace wigs?There are many different types of lace wigs, however, you will find the highest quality lace wigs are composed of French lace or Swiss lace. French lace wigs are the perfect type of wig for a beginner or low-maintenance individual; French lace is thicker and more durable than Swiss. However, Swiss lace may be perfect for someone who is experienced in wig application, care and maintenance. It is finer and more fragile, blending in with skin better and thus, appearing as real hair would.
- Should I choose virgin hair or coloured hair?Virgin hair is human hair that has never been processed by dyes, bleach, perms, straightening treatments, or any other chemical alterations. If you are planning on changing the colour or style of your wig, it would be best to go with virgin hair. In this way, you will be able to predict the outcome of dyes or treatments. However, you can also choose hair that has already been coloured and styled to suit your preferences.
- What density of wig should I choose?The density of a wig refers to the amount of hair weaved into the wig. Density will determine how full or thin your wig looks; this affects the types of styles you can achieve with your wig from a simple ponytail to fancy up-dos. If you are unsure of which density to choose, most individuals go for 150% which is considered medium-thick.
- How do I choose the best hair texture for my wig? Similar to the coloring of your hair, the texture of your wig depends on personal preference. There is a wig for every type of hair texture, from natural straight to kinky curlyto water wave.
- How do I select capsize? The cap size of the wig is related to the overall look and feel of your wig. If it is too small, it will feel tight and uncomfortable while potentially pinching and tearing in certain areas. If it is too large, it will move around and look like you are wearing a hair piece. Fortunately, it is easy to choose the right capsize by briefly measuring your head and matching it with the retailer’s specifications. In order to do so, you will need a tailoring measuring tape to measure your head circumference, front to back, and ear to ear.
- What is the best price for a high quality wig? Wigs come in all price ranges; there is a wig for every budget. That said, high quality wigs range from $300 to $3000 USD. If you are considering premium features such as virgin human hair wigs with lace fronts or full lace bases, you will find that these wigs are more expensive.