Hair tips for the summer months
It's midsummer, and the heat shows no sign of abating. Summer brings hot weather and lots of outdoor activities that can damage your hair if you're not careful. In this article, we'll give you some tips for keeping your hair healthy during the summer.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water will help keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
- Wear a hat in the sun whenever possible to protect your hair from the sun. Sunlight can damage your hair, making it dry and brittle. So be sure to wear a hat or use a sunscreen spray or serum on your hair to protect your hair from sun damage when you're going to be outdoors for extended periods of time.
- After showering at home, humidity can make your hair frizzy and unmanageable. Wrap your head in a towel to absorb excess moisture, which will help keep your scalp from getting too oily.
- Try to avoid using hot tools on your hair. Heated tools can damage your hair, try to avoid hot styling tools. If you do need to use them, be sure to use a heat protection spray or serum first.
- Use a light conditioner or serum after shampooing to add shine and protect hair from the sun. Conditioner is a must after swimming, especially when swimming in chlorinated water. Chlorine and salt water can be irritating to your hair and can damage and dry your hair, so be sure to use a conditioner to restore moisture after swimming.
- Avoid heavy products like gels and mousses on hot summer days—they can make your hair greasy and heavy.
- Conditioning treatment once a week. The conditioning treatment will help keep your hair shiny and healthy all summer long. Shine serums can help add some extra shine to your hair during the summer heat.
While summer sun is fun, it can also take a toll on our hair. Follow these tips to keep your locks looking their best all season long. Whether you're going to the beach or just running errands, keeping your hair healthy will make you feel confident and look great no matter the temperature outside. Have you tried these tips for keeping your hair healthy in summer? Let us know in the comments below!